Wednesday 25 October 2023

5th week after radiation

 Today is the 5th week after I had my radiation on my neck.  A few days ago the pain started to reduce and is not so intense.  Oh, what a relief!  Since a day after the radiation I started to feel pain on my neck and head.  First it was mastoiditis, infection of the ear bone behind/between the ears.  10 days of antibiotic managed to overcome this problem.  However, I suffered another ear infection, which is external and not internal like mastoiditis.  Another week of antibiotic plus ear drops.  

All this while my neck was swollen and stiff.  The pain, intense and sometimes extreme, made my life miserable.  My oncologist and the radiotherapy staff did not warn me of what to expect after the radiation.  I had to take pain killer continuously without a break, even at night so as to be able to sleep.  To suffer pain is one thing but to suffer extreme pain is really miserable and depressing.

I am supposed to suffer from advanced stage cancer.  But now I am suffering from something else, it is really a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment