Tuesday 23 October 2018

The silent killer (Pt 3)

The first treatment is to reduce the PSA reading, which in my case is too high, more than 1,000.  Other then medication, I was given Eligard injection.  This is to lower the male hormone testosterone.  Come November I will be getting my second injection.  Suppose to have  a jab every 3 months.  

Next was radiotherapy.  I had 5 sessions of radiation for consecutive five days with each lasting about 15 minutes.  This helps to reduce the pain around my back and front ribs.  Now that my bones are weak I have the option to strengthen them with injection.   Might as well do it.

Now either I do it now or later, I still have to go through with it - chemo.  Sigh! I just hate it especially the side effects.  It's now or later - better now and forget about it.  One chemo session takes about an hour and each session to be done after 2 to 3 weeks.

It is scary to think of the pain I had to endure day and night earlier and also my wife's fear and anguish of the present situation and the future.  I needed my wife's help to lower me down onto the bed and to pull/lift me when getting up.  I know it hurts her to see me in such a condition.  I feel very miserable myself.  Why so much pain.

Following radiotherapy, the pain eases a lot and I can now move about the house.  However, I still have to take painkiller every morning and night.  Towards late afternoon when the effect of painkiller wears off, I can feel my body ache/pain intensify.  According to the oncologist,  I will feel less pain after a few jabs.  I just hope so otherwise I will have to depend on painkiller to get me through the day.  What a life.






No comments:

Post a Comment